- 8 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the spices. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chai Rice Pudding in Country Woman May/June 2006, p47
Reviews for Chai Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2013
This is a great rice pudding. My daughter found it a few years ago, and I have been making it ever since.
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2009
Wonderful, easy to make, tastes even better the second day.