Chai Cupcakes Recipe
You'll get a double dose of the spicy blend that's frequently used to flavor tea in these moist single-size cakes. Both the cupcake and frosting use the blend, which combines some of the best flavors of the season. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- Ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and 1-1/2 teaspoons spice mixture. Gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy; beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and remaining spice mixture until smooth. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Pipe frosting over cupcakes; sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 377 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chai Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC