Chai Chocolate Chip Shortbread
I've always loved the taste of chai tea and decided to try and incorporate it into one of my recipes. Everyone who tries them can't believe how delicious they are. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
48 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vanilla chai tea latte mix
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Place flour, sugar, cornstarch and latte mix in a food processor;
- pulse until blended. Add butter and vanilla; pulse until butter is
- the size of peas. Add almonds and chocolate chips; pulse until
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface; knead until dough forms a
- ball. Divide dough into six portions; wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each
- portion of dough into a 5-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Place 2
- in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 1 minute
- before removing from pans to wire racks. Drizzle with melted