Cereal Crunchies Recipe
- 2 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 to 3 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and nuts; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter flavoring and salt. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla and baking soda. Remove brown sugar syrup from the heat; stir in vanilla mixture (syrup will foam). Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes; stir. Microwave 2-3 minutes longer; stir. Microwave at 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes, stirring well several times. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Yield: 8-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cereal Crunchies in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p37
Reviews for Cereal Crunchies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2012
"It tastes burnt. I do not like this recipe."
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2011
"Looks so good, but with 446mg soduim and 23g carbs in 1/2 cup isn't in my diet."