Cereal Cookie Bars Recipe
These chewy crowd-pleasers from Connie Craig of Lakewood, Washington feature all sorts of goodies, including chocolate chips, raisins, coconut and candy-coated baking bits. For a more colorful look, press the baking bits on top of the bars instead of stirring them into the cereal mixture.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:72 servings
- 9 cups crisp rice cereal
- 6-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 packages (one 16 ounces, one 10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup M&M's minis
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, oats, cornflakes and coconut; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the marshmallows and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Stir in honey. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until coated. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in chocolate chips, raisins and baking bits. Press into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pans. Cool for 30 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 128 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC