These chewy crowd-pleasers from Connie Craig of Lakewood, Washington feature all sorts of goodies, including chocolate chips, raisins, coconut and candy-coated baking bits. For a more colorful look, press the baking bits on top of the bars instead of stirring them into the cereal mixture.
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- 6-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (one 16 ounces, one 10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M's minis
- Grease two 15x10x1-in. pans. Place Rice Krispies, oats, cornflakes and coconut in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows; stir until completely melted. Stir in honey until blended. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Divide mixture between prepared pans, pressing evenly with a greased spatula. Let stand 30 minutes before cutting. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Cereal Cookie Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p47
Reviews for Cereal Cookie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2013
"These cereal bars are super good!There are some great high value cereal coupons here:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/general-mills-cereal-for-as-low-as-1-05-a-box-staring-10-27-at-walgreens.html"