These chewy crowd-pleasers from Connie Craig of Lakewood, Washington feature all sorts of goodies, including chocolate chips, raisins, coconut and candy-coated baking bits. For a more colorful look, press the baking bits on top of the bars instead of stirring them into the cereal mixture.
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- 6-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (one 16 ounces, one 10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M's minis
- Grease two 15x10x1-in. pans. Place Rice Krispies, oats, cornflakes and coconut in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows; stir until completely melted. Stir in honey until blended. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Divide mixture between prepared pans, pressing evenly with a greased spatula. Let stand 30 minutes before cutting. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Cereal Cookie Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p47
Reviews for Cereal Cookie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review