These chewy crowd-pleasers from Connie Craig of Lakewood, Washington feature all sorts of goodies, including chocolate chips, raisins, coconut and candy-coated baking bits. For a more colorful look, press the baking bits on top of the bars instead of stirring them into the cereal mixture.
- 9 cups crisp rice cereal
- 6-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 packages (one 16 ounces, one 10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup M&M's minis
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, oats, cornflakes and coconut; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the marshmallows and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Stir in honey. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until coated. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips, raisins and baking bits. Press into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pans. Cool for 30 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Cereal Cookie Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p47
Reviews for Cereal Cookie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2013
"These cereal bars are super good!There are some great high value cereal coupons here:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/general-mills-cereal-for-as-low-as-1-05-a-box-staring-10-27-at-walgreens.html"