"I discovered this thick no-fuss soup more than 20 years ago," says Deborah Johnson of Calgary, Alberta. "Our family loves it and now our daughters prepare it themselves. It's a delicious way to finish off last night's potatoes."
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the corn, soups, milk and potatoes. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Celery Potato Chowder in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p21
Reviews for Celery Potato Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review