Celery En Casserole Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook celery in water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add the water chestnuts, pimientos, almonds and soup. Pour into greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 132 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Celery En Casserole
"I have never left a gathering without being asked for this recipe. Everyone is always so surprised at how yummy this dish is! There is never any leftovers."