Celeriac & Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
My family can't get enough of this comforting fall favorite, especially at Thanksgiving. I love the addition of the celeriac. Its mild celery flavor pairs well with the garlic and potato. —Lynelle Martinson, Plover, Wisconsin
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large celery root, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1. Place the potatoes, celery root and garlic in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash vegetables with butter, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in chives. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 135 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC