Celebration Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 4 cups chopped Gala apples
- 2-3/4 cups chopped Granny Smith apples
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- TARRAGON YOGURT DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 10 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1. Place the apples in a large bowl; drizzle with lemon juice and toss to coat. Stir in cranberries and celery.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, yogurt, 1 tablespoon chives, parsley, tarragon, lemon peel, honey, salt and pepper. Stir into apple mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Serve on lettuce leaves; garnish with remaining chives. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 235 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Celebration Waldorf Salad
"It needed more dressing. But I will make it again but double the dressing."