- 4 cups chopped Gala apples
- 2-3/4 cups chopped Granny Smith apples
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- TARRAGON YOGURT DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 10 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Place the apples in a large bowl; drizzle with lemon juice and toss to coat. Stir in cranberries and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, yogurt, 1 tablespoon chives, parsley, tarragon, lemon peel, honey, salt and pepper. Stir into apple mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Serve on lettuce leaves; garnish with remaining chives. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Celebration Waldorf Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p51
Reviews for Celebration Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2016
"It needed more dressing. But I will make it again but double the dressing."