Celebration Roast Recipe
- 2 beef top round roasts or beef sirloin tip roasts (3 to 4 pounds each)
- 2 small onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons garlic pepper blend
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) bow tie pasta
- CRACKED PEPPER GRAVY:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons browning sauce, optional
- Cut each roast in half; place two halves in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place the remaining halves in another 5-qt. slow cooker. Top each with half of the onions, pepper blend, basil and salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired.
- Drain pasta; serve with beef and gravy. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Celebration Roast(2)
Sort By :
really liked the cracked pepper gravy, will use that recipe for other dishes.
This recipe is absolutely delicious and one I will be making many more times. It's so easy to do, especially when you have to be at work while it cooks. It's a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Gravy Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >