Celebration Punch Recipe
This pretty fruit punch has just the right amount of sweetness. The ice ring keeps it cool for hours without diluting the flavor. Marci Carl, Northern Cambria, Pennsylvania
- ICE RING:
- 1-3/4 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint sprigs
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 4 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) apricot nectar
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- For ice ring, in a bowl, combine orange juice and water. Pour 2 cups into a 4-1/2-cup ring mold. Freeze until solid. Top with fresh strawberries and mint. Slowly pour remaining juice mixture into mold to almost cover strawberries and mint. Freeze until solid.
- For punch, place thawed strawberries in a blender; cover and puree until smooth. Pour into a large serving or punch bowl. Add the apricot nectar, orange juice concentrate, water, lemon juice and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale and add ice ring. Yield: about 1 gallon.
Originally published as Celebration Punch in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p197
Reviews for Celebration Punch(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review