Celebration Green Beans Recipe
“My husband loves green beans, and really likes this recipe. It's a nice change from a regular green bean casserole!” —Kimberly Gordon, Virgilina, Virginia
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over beans and toss to coat. Set aside.
- 3. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over beans. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 82 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC