“My husband loves green beans, and really likes this recipe. It's a nice change from a regular green bean casserole!” —Kimberly Gordon, Virgilina, Virginia
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over beans and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over beans. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Celebration Green Beans in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p58
Reviews for Celebration Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review