Celebration Granola Recipe
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and wheat germ; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil and syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. Sprinkle with cherries and raisins; toss to combine. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 12 cups.
1/2 cup: 300 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Celebration Granola
"Love it! I used almonds instead of walnuts. Will definitely make again."