Celebration Granola Recipe
I have to package this granola into gift bags fast. It disappears quickly in our house! The raisins and dried cranberries lend sweetness, and the toasted oats and nuts add the crunch.—Mary Watkins, Chaska, MN
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and wheat germ; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil and syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. Sprinkle with cherries and raisins; toss to combine. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 12 cups.
1/2 cup equals 300 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC