- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and wheat germ; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil and syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on wire racks.
- Sprinkle with cherries and raisins; toss to combine. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 12 cups.
Originally published as Celebration Granola in Country Woman December/January 2010, p40
Reviews for Celebration Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2010
Love it! I used almonds instead of walnuts. Will definitely make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Granola Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >