After I've served this cake, guests never leave my house without requesting the recipe. The sweetness of the butter cream sauce balances beautifully with the cake's tart cranberries. —Jeri Clayton, Sandy, Utah
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- BUTTER CREAM SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in the sugar and cream; bring to a boil, stirring often. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Celebration Cranberry Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p76
Reviews for Celebration Cranberry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review