Celebration Cheese Balls Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- PINE NUT-PESTO CHEESE BALL:
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 10 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, divided
- HORSERADISH-BACON CHEESE BALL:
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- SALSA CHEESE BALL:
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic until blended. Divide into three portions.
- 2. For Pine Nut-Pesto Cheese Ball: Beat one portion of cream cheese mixture and pesto until blended. Stir in basil. Chop 2 tablespoons pine nuts; stir into cheese mixture. Shape into a ball; roll in remaining pine nuts. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill until firm.
- 3. For Horseradish-Bacon Cheese Ball: Beat one portion of cream cheese mixture and horseradish until blended. Stir in bacon and onion. Shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill until firm.
- 4. For Salsa Cheese Ball: Beat one portion of cream cheese mixture, tomato paste and salt until blended. Stir in cilantro, onion and jalapeno. Shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill until firm.
- 5. Can refrigerate up to two weeks. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cheese balls (1 cup each).
1/4 cup: 57 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Celebration Cheese Balls
"I've made these several times and they are always a hit. I frequently get asked for the recipe. Delicious, festive and very easy to make!"
"EVER since I first made this, I have gotten a request (actually, a DEMAND) to bring these to that holiday event ever since. I have not found a single person who has not enjoyed these. :)In fact, I'm kinda getting tired of making them! :) But the end product always makes me grateful that I did. SO yummy!"
"I only made the Pine Nut-Pesto ball and it was wonderful."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.