Celebration Cheese Balls Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- PINE NUT-PESTO CHEESE BALL:
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted, divided
- HORSERADISH-BACON CHEESE BALL:
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- SALSA CHEESE BALL:
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic until blended. Divide into three portions.
- For Pine Nut-Pesto Cheese Ball: In a small bowl, beat one portion of cream cheese mixture and pesto until blended. Stir in basil. Chop 2 tablespoons pine nuts; stir into cheese mixture. Shape into a ball; roll in remaining pine nuts. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill until firm.
- For Horseradish-Bacon Cheese Ball: In a small bowl, beat one portion of cream cheese mixture and horseradish until blended. Stir in bacon and onion. Shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill until firm.
- For Salsa Cheese Ball: In a small bowl, beat one portion of cream cheese mixture, tomato paste and salt until blended. Stir in the cilantro, onion and jalapeno. Shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill until firm.
- Can refrigerate for up to two weeks. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cheese balls (1 cup each).
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Celebration Cheese Balls
Sort By :
EVER since I first made this, I have gotten a request (actually, a DEMAND) to bring these to that holiday event ever since. I have not found a single person who has not enjoyed these. :)
In fact, I'm kinda getting tired of making them! :) But the end product always makes me grateful that I did. SO yummy!
I only made the Pine Nut-Pesto ball and it was wonderful.