- 2 cedar grilling planks
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Soak planks in water at least 1 hour. In a large bowl, whisk wine, oil, basil, thyme and lime juice. Add scallops; gently toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Place planks on grill rack over direct medium heat. Cover and heat 4-5 minutes or until light to medium smoke comes from the plank and the wood begins to crackle. (This indicates the plank is ready.) Turn plank over and place on indirect heat. Drain scallops, discarding marinade. Place scallops on plank. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 10-12 minutes or until firm and opaque. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cedar Plank Scallops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p142
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cedar Plank Scallops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review