I appreciate make-ahead recipes like this that keep me out of the kitchen. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartville, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup halved pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- Add 1 in. of water to a saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. rinse in cold water; drain and place in a large bowl. Add zucchini, onions and olives; toss.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, orange juice, vinegar, tarragon, orange peel, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over cauliflower mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, toss with salad greens. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Zucchini Toss in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p79
Reviews for Cauliflower Zucchini Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review