Cauliflower with Parmesan Topping
For quicker preparation, purchase ready-to-use cauliflowerets. Packages can be found in the produce section of your local grocery store.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add cauliflower. Reduce
- heat to medium; cover and cook for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter. Add bread crumbs; cook
- and stir for 3-5 minutes or until toasted and browned. Remove from
- the heat; stir in cheese. Drain cauliflower; top with crumb mixture.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 150 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.