For quicker preparation, purchase ready-to-use cauliflowerets. Packages can be found in the produce section of your local grocery store.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add cauliflower. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until toasted and browned. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Drain cauliflower; top with crumb mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Au Gratin in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p270
Reviews for Cauliflower with Parmesan Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2014
"Very tasty. I was surprised how good it was. I added some salt and pepper but the Parmesan cheese gave it a lot of flavor."