Cauliflower with Buttered Crumbs Recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; stir in 3 tablespoons browned butter.
- 3. Drain cauliflower and place in a serving dish. Drizzle with the remaining browned butter; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 158 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Cauliflower with Buttered Crumbs
"These were great! Even my picky toddler liked them. I think next time I am going to try broccoli or asparagus in place of the cauliflower."
"Made this for Christmas. It was a hit and super easy. I went exactly by the recipe. Next time I will increase the amt of lemon juice slightly."