Our home economists offer this home-style way to add flavor and interest to steamed cauliflower. Serve this simple side dish with a variety of entrees.
Recommended: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; stir in 3 tablespoons browned butter.
- Drain cauliflower and place in a serving dish. Drizzle with the remaining browned butter; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower with Buttered Crumbs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p165
Reviews for Cauliflower with Buttered Crumbs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2014
"These were great! Even my picky toddler liked them. I think next time I am going to try broccoli or asparagus in place of the cauliflower."