Cauliflower Tomato Soup
We usually have tomato soup at least once a week, so I've tried to find ways to dress it up. This recipe is one of my favorites.
2-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sliced leek (white portion only)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, saute leek and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until the vegetables are
- tender. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 99 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.