Cauliflower Tomato Medley Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), broken into florets
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and cauliflower in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Toss bacon and bread crumbs with drippings; set aside.
- 3. Drain cauliflower. Arrange the tomatoes in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion, dill, salt and pepper. Top with cauliflower and bacon mixture.
- 4. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 260 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Cauliflower Tomato Medley
"I thought this way okay but not great. Not much flavor."
"I made this recipe for company and they sure like it. I will make again"