Cauliflower Tomato Medley Recipe
Here’s a fresh and fancy accompaniment to any summer buffet sent in by Lena Post of St. Albert in Alberta. It goes nicely with most meat and fish entrees, Lena says, and is a great way to dress up cauliflower or use up those tomatoes. TIP: To enjoy fresh dill all winter long, we chop up the fine feathery leaves, freeze in small containers and pull off a pinch whenever needed to boost the flavor of potatoes, salads or soups.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), broken into florets
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and cauliflower in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Toss bacon and bread crumbs with drippings; set aside.
- 3. Drain cauliflower. Arrange the tomatoes in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion, dill, salt and pepper. Top with cauliflower and bacon mixture.
- 4. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 260 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Cauliflower Tomato Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC