Cauliflower Tomato Medley Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), broken into florets
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and cauliflower in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Toss bacon and bread crumbs with drippings; set aside.
- 3. Drain cauliflower. Arrange the tomatoes in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion, dill, salt and pepper. Top with cauliflower and bacon mixture.
- 4. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 260 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Cauliflower Tomato Medley
"I thought this way okay but not great. Not much flavor."
"I made this recipe for company and they sure like it. I will make again"