Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
"I have made this at least once a week for the last month. I will tell you how I changed it just a bit and it is AMAZING!!!! I always use low sodium chicken broth. I add some broccoli and zucchini. And At the end, I always pur?e at least 2 to 3 cups and it is simply the best soup. I also double the recipe because in my household it disappears quickly!!!!! Oh and I always use reduced fat Mexican mixed cheese, like Sargento. Bon Appetite!!!!"
"Awesome! I used Velveeta cheese cause that's what I had. Hubby advised Make it again. Enough for 2 & enough left to reheat again. Can increase carrot or celery but use extra bouillon & water if you do."
"Excellent! I knew with so many good reviews it had to be good & wow! Made as written without ingredient changes, but pur?ed about 1-1/2 cups mixture & mixed back in to add texture as another reviewer noted. Will definitely make again! Easy & wonderful!"
"Wonderful recipe. I like a chunkier soup so I doubled the veggies and steamed instead of boiled them and then added them when I combined the cheese sauce to the water. I also blended about 1/2 a head of cauliflower to make a creamier base. Had it with a side of soft boiled eggs for some protein and it was a wonderful dinner."
"Wonderful recipe. So delicious. I added garlic, onion and brussel sprouts to add some green to the soup. Next time I will also add chicken. This was an easy recipe and perfect for Fal season."