Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious and so easy to make!"
"Working man husband is diabetic-- hard to fill up on a low carb diet- -but add in 1 or 2 lbs of browned pork sausage to this marvelous soup recipe and he's in heaven!"
"Fantastic Soup! I left my cauliflower in big chunks when it was simmering. Then once it was soft, before I added the b?chamel sauce, I gently used a potato masher. This ensured all the cauliflower chunks were in bite size pieces."
"It was very easy to make and tasted great. I will make it again, soon. I also made it substituting broccoli."
"Awesome soup...I added about half a bag of baby carrots, a jalapeno pepper, one sweet bell pepper, one onion, 3 stalks of celery, one carton of turkey broth, 5 cups of water, garlic clove, salt & pepper. Cooked until tender, ran veggies thru Vitamix and with the broth mixture I added 3T. of flour and 2cups milk to make my rue. Added the 1 cup of cheddar cheese, stirred and added my pureed veggies. WOW Oh WOW...this soup rocks. Very filling and healthy. According to my calorie count, each cup is about 55 calories...Eat More Soup.... :-)"