Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup(20)
Sort By :
Comfort food without guilt! I made one substitution: no cheddar cheese in the fridge, so I used asiago cheese. Wow! A little more upscale taste nuance, probably a better cheese to use when serving this soup to adult guests than for the children maybe. I can image adding maybe a dash of nutmeg to this recipe....
Very pleased with this soup. I did "doctor" it up a bit. Added more cheese, dried onion, and some poultry seasoning. Will be making this again.
My son's favorite soup. Try with an orange cauliflower from farmers market, it's outstanding.
This was awesome!!! Followed recipe to almost exactly, except added more flour at the end mixed with 1/2 cup milk to thicken a bit more. My husband who has never eaten cauliflower thought it was great as well. Thanks for a great fast recipe.
I was really impressed with this recipe. It is very flavorful. I followed the recipe exactly except used sriracha sauce because I did not have other hot sauce and I used 1% milk instead of 2%. Pleased with how it turned out and would make it again.