Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
"Making this again, tonight. I have a head of fresh cauliflower ready and waiting, and a few carrots. I swap the celery for a white onion, add a bit of cream to the milk, and hit it with the immersion blender a few times to make it almost-smooth... Add a grilled cheese sandwich and a little salad and I am one happy, happy girl."
"We loved this soup...served it to a friend and he thought it was excellent. Turned out he hated cauliflower and hadn't eaten any since he was a kid. This soup changed his mind!"
"This is sooo good And it's wonderful for the cold nights when you are tired and you are also vegetarian. I add a corn muffin and voila!"
"This was really good! I added ground sausage and some onion. Will definitely be making again."
"It tastes really good. You must like the combinations."