Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
"OMG!! What a delicious soup! Only made 2 adjustments. Used sodium-free chicken stock instead of water and bouillon. Also used a combo of american & asiago cheese a little more than a cup. Next time gonna use broccoli."
"This was a really good soup. Its hard not to double the recipe. I omitted the red pepper sauce."
"The BEST soup I've ever made! It thicken up after it set awhile, so next time I'll add more milk or water. I added 2 cloves of garlic, chopped, and 1/2 tsp Tumeric (which I put in everything since it's so good for you) and chopped up 1/2 Red Pepper to add a little color. I LOVE THIS SOUP!"
"Delicious! I prefer to use 2C chicken stock with half a cup of water to eliminate the MSG from the bouillon."
"I made this on a Sunday morning for lunch later on. It smelled so good my 12 yr old son had some for breakfast!!!! Its a huge hit and I love how he is getting several servings of vegies and calcium. The only thing I changed was I pureed about a cup of the cauliflower mixture before I added the milk cheese mixture. It was awesome!!!! Plus I love the fact that the recipe came from Chilliwack. My relatives all come from BC and I have spent many beautiful cool fall nights at Cultus Lake. This soup is perfect for fall. Thanks Debbie!"