Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
EXCELLENT soup! Everyone in the family loved the soup - even my 3 year old who hates eating her vegetables. I added quite a bit more of each of the vegetables and doubled the rest of the recipe. Definitely worth a try.
Great! Super easy and quick. I added additional chopped celery and carrots. Along with the chicken bouillon, I used some boxed chicken broth in place of some of the water. In equal amounts, I increased all the ingredients to compensate for the added vegetables. YUM!!
Easy & delicious. I've made it with cauliflower as the main ingredient, and also combined cauliflower with broccoli. Very good each time. Goes great with any sort of sandwich.
This was very good soup. I used all boxed chicken broth in place of the water & no chicken bouillon cube. I added 1/2 diced onion, broccoli chopped pieces, 2 diced Yukon gold potatoes, & 2 garlic cloves. I also used half & half in place of the milk. I was trying to copy a restaurant's recipe. This was very close & the soup went quickly.
Very simple and quick to make! I omit the salt, and use 1/2 mild cheddar and 1/2 sharp cheddar cheese. So tasty!