- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup
"Quick an easy. Omitted chile peppers(dont like the hot/heat it would bring) ,left out the celery. Used half an half mixed w/half cup water instead of whole milk. Used Monterey cheese instead of cheddar. Creamy an yummy! ! Not a drop left after serving!"
"Great soup....I loved it. I did add onion and before serving I took my potato and lightly mashed the cauliflower a bit. Very good tasting soup."
"Outstanding!!! Look no further... this is the only cauliflower soup recipe you will ever need."
"OMGosh!!! Just made this recipe for the first time and it is to die for! I did as some other reviewers stated by adding in some onion, garlic, and red pepper. I didn't have any celery, so instead, used some dry celery flakes. I subbed 2 cups of Almond milk for the 2% (for those of us who are lactose intolerant) and added in some hot pepper flakes. This is a keeper for sure and will be trying it with broccoli next time. I think some bacon bits would be good in it as well. Thanks for a WONDERFUL recipe!!!"
"Not a fan. Too salty and the gravy overpowered the taste of the veggies. I wish I had found another cauliflower recipe. :("
"This will be my staple. Absolutely delicious. I live cauliflower soup. This is my favorite."
"Best soup ever! I added chopped onion, minced garlic and diced red bell pepper. SO GOOD!"
"Loved this so did my family. I didn't have any carrots so I grated parsnips. Also I added fresh grated and chopped ginger."
"I don't have vegetable bullion. How much vegetable broth should I use?"
"this is likely one of the easiest, tastiest soup...definitely on my to make list again. I was surprised that it tasted as good as it did at first taste and didn't need to sit to gel the flavours."