- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
"Love the texture of this soup. Its rich, thick and chunky . Most comforting. I did make a few changes and exchanges. I added garlic and onions. I also replaced some of the water for white wine and right before serving added a pinch of Nutmeg *JanieTaste of Home Volunteer FE"
"Tasty, but a bit bland. I think that I would add some onion to this recipe."
"EX!!!!!..U can also add Broccoli part way thru cooking..."
"I love it ,will try it again thanks for the awesome recipy"
"I made this for a Christmas Eve family dinner. It was a huge hit."