- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious, easy, and very filling!"
"Loved the taste. Leftovers went into freezer. I'm anxious to thaw and try again."
"Excellent soup My family loves it also......my sister tried it and also loves it and now makes it for her family too.Thanks Taste Of Home"
"Delicious! Added some onion and garlic powder (because I really like onion and garlic). Would have been great without."
"I made this and it was amazing I added alittle left over chicken I did double batch glad I did. YUM!"