- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
"I had a nice sized cauli which I prepared, some skim milk, some heavy cream, but no other veggies, so instead of celery and carrots I added a can of mixed veggies, used 1 cup milk, and one of cream, plus 3/4 cup Kraft shredded Pepper Jack. It was a most delish soup and I will enjoy it often this winter! The pepper jack was a real winner."
"Love the texture of this soup. Its rich, thick and chunky . Most comforting. I did make a few changes and exchanges. I added garlic and onions. I also replaced some of the water for white wine and right before serving added a pinch of Nutmeg *JanieTaste of Home Volunteer FE"
"Tasty, but a bit bland. I think that I would add some onion to this recipe."
"EX!!!!!..U can also add Broccoli part way thru cooking..."
"I love it ,will try it again thanks for the awesome recipy"