Everyone who tries this salad loves it! I like to make it often when cauliflower is in season. People may be surprised, but there still are a lot of farms here on Long Island, and there's nothing quite like fresh Long Island produce.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1-1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower, carrots, celery, green onions and
- radishes. Combine all of the remaining ingredients; pour over
- vegetables and stir to coat. Cover and chill for several hours.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free yogurt and without added salt) equals 22 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.