Cauliflower Puree with Onions Recipe
This cauliflower dish from Becky Oliver of Fairplay, Colorado is creamy, tasty and has the appearance and texture of mashed potatoes. The onions on top are a really nice, sweet addition that contrasts well with the mildness of cauliflower.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. Place cauliflower and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes; stir. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tender. Cool slightly. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- 2. Place the cauliflower, reserved liquid, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender; cover and process until blended. Keep warm.
- 3. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion over medium-high heat in remaining oil for 6 minutes. Stir in the sugar; cook 7-10 minutes longer or until onion is tender and lightly browned. Serve with cauliflower puree. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 111 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cauliflower Puree with Onions
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC