Cauliflower Puree with Onions Recipe
This cauliflower dish from Becky Oliver of Fairplay, Colorado is creamy, tasty and has the appearance and texture of mashed potatoes. The onions on top are a really nice, sweet addition that contrasts well with the mildness of cauliflower.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place cauliflower and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes; stir. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tender. Cool slightly. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Place the cauliflower, reserved liquid, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender; cover and process until blended. Keep warm.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion over medium-high heat in remaining oil for 6 minutes. Stir in the sugar; cook 7-10 minutes longer or until onion is tender and lightly browned. Serve with cauliflower puree. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Puree with Onions in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p7
Reviews for Cauliflower Puree with Onions(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cauliflower Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >