- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place cauliflower and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes; stir. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tender. Cool slightly. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Place the cauliflower, reserved liquid, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender; cover and process until blended. Keep warm.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion over medium-high heat in remaining oil for 6 minutes. Stir in the sugar; cook 7-10 minutes longer or until onion is tender and lightly browned. Serve with cauliflower puree. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Puree with Onions in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p7
Reviews for Cauliflower Puree with Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review