Cauliflower Pork Soup Recipe
This recipe was given to me by a friend several years ago. Everyone enjoys it, even my husband, who typically doesn't care for cauliflower.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped chives, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook cauliflower in water for 10 minutes or until tender. Do not drain. Add pork, onion and 1-1/4 cups milk to cauliflower.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; stir into cauliflower mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add cheese, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 283 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC