This recipe was given to me by a friend several years ago. Everyone enjoys it, even my husband, who typically doesn't care for cauliflower.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped chives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook pork until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook cauliflower in water for 10 minutes or until tender. Do not drain. Add pork, onion and 1-1/4 cups milk to cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; stir into cauliflower mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add cheese, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Cauliflower Pork Soup in Country Pork 1996, p39
Reviews for Cauliflower Pork Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review