Roasting transforms this veggie into a delectable snack so mellow--delicious that your family will gobble it up like popcorn. It's great as a side dish, too. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place cauliflower in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt; toss to coat. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until tender, stirring
- once. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 88 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.