Cauliflower Olive Salad Recipe
- 5 to 6 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, optional
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, green pepper, olives, red pepper and onion if desired.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and pepper; gradually whisk in oil. Pour over vegetables and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 198 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Cauliflower Olive Salad
"I mae this salad several years ago whenit cae out in a Christmas issue of Taste of Home and we all loved and I lost it and just found it again on your website, I made it for athanksgiving potluck, every one loved it,and called the next day for the recipe. The only thing I changed was I didnt use sugar in the dressing because it didnt keep as well. The peppers broke down faster wih the sugar in it. Its a great winter salad,crunchy and delicious."