This colorful toss combines cauliflower and black and green olives with sweet peppers and red onion for a satisfying blend of flavors. The lemony vinaigrette coats the salad well and gives it a pleasing tartness. -Nancy Holland, Morgan Hill, California
- 5 to 6 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, optional
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, green pepper, olives, red pepper and onion if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and pepper; gradually whisk in oil. Pour over vegetables and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Olive Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p35
Reviews for Cauliflower Olive Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review