Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain; cool slightly. Place in a blender; add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- 3. Drain potatoes and mash. Add cauliflower mixture and mix well. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 143 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
"I made half of the recipe and reduced the cauliflower a little and my husband liked them and didn't notice the added cauliflower. The potatoes were creamy and tasted good."