Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Mom used this recipe as a way to get my kids to eat a vegetable other than potatoes. It's now a family favorite and a "must" for Thanksgiving!—Carine Nadel, Laguna Hills, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain; cool slightly. Place in a blender; add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- 3. Drain potatoes and mash. Add cauliflower mixture and mix well. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 143 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC