Mom used this recipe as a way to get my kids to eat a vegetable other than potatoes. It's now a family favorite and a "must" for Thanksgiving!—Carine Nadel, Laguna Hills, California
Recommended: 20 Ways to Cook with Cauliflower
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain; cool slightly. Place in a blender; add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Drain potatoes and mash. Add cauliflower mixture and mix well. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p112
Reviews for Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
"I made half of the recipe and reduced the cauliflower a little and my husband liked them and didn't notice the added cauliflower. The potatoes were creamy and tasted good."