Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Mom used this recipe as a way to get my kids to eat a vegetable other than potatoes. It's now a family favorite and a "must" for Thanksgiving!Carine Nadel, Laguna Hills, California
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain; cool slightly. Place in a blender; add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Drain potatoes and mash. Add cauliflower mixture and mix well. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p112
Reviews for Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
I made half of the recipe and reduced the cauliflower a little and my husband liked them and didn't notice the added cauliflower. The potatoes were creamy and tasted good.
More Recipe Collections
- Cauliflower Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >