Cauliflower Lettuce Salad Recipe
This crispy crunchy salad captures the flavor of seven-layer salad with a few less layers and fuss. This is one of my family's most-requested recipes.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, layer lettuce, cauliflower, bacon, onion, sugar and cheese. Spread mayonnaise over the top; do not toss. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight. Toss just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Lettuce Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p66
Reviews for Cauliflower Lettuce Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2013
This salad is fantastic! I've made it several times and always get rave reviews and requests for the recipe. So simple and delicious it's unbelievable. To speed up preparation even more, I substituted a packet of prepared bacon bits. Outstanding!