Cauliflower Hors D'oeuvres Recipe
- 8 cups fresh cauliflowerets (3 pounds each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed, optional
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and cauliflower in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and immediately place cauliflower in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine the egg substitute, butter, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, pepper and paprika. Dip cauliflower into the egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 3. Place in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
1/2 cup: 76 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Cauliflower Hors D'oeuvres
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.