Cauliflower Hors D'oeuvres Recipe
These crispy baked tidbits are an appealing alternative to deep-fried fare. A coating of Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, basil and ground mustard infuses a burst of flavor into each bite. "I make these appetizers for parties at our condo, and it's always the first plate to be emptied," writes Dorothy McNeill from St. Petersburg, Florida.
- 8 cups fresh cauliflowerets (3 pounds each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Meatless Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, warmed, optional
- Place 1 in. of water and cauliflower in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and immediately place cauliflower in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg substitute, butter, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, pepper and paprika. Dip cauliflower into the egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Hors D'oeuvres in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p6
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cauliflower Hors D'oeuvres
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review