Soup is always good for warming the tummy and the heart, and this is one of our family's favorites. With a busy household, it's a simple but nutritious meal to have on hand!
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 to 1 cup instant potato flakes
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes, cauliflower and onion in chicken broth until tender. Stir in milk, ham, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through. Stir in potato flakes; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until soup is as thick as desired. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Cauliflower Ham Chowder in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p49
Reviews for Cauliflower Ham Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review