Cauliflower Ham Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place cauliflower in a large saucepan; cover with 1 in. water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese and sour cream until melted.
- Drain cauliflower. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, ham and mushrooms. Add cheese sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cauliflower Ham Casserole(13)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe! The only change I made was to leave out the mushrooms. I noticed it was somewhat watery, but since no one else mentioned this problem, I must have either not drained the cauliflower enough or didn't let it rest before eating. I served this with a Greek salad and asiago cheese dinner rolls.
This would be a lovely dish to serve for Easter. Have made it a couple times, and will continue, but seemingly forgot about it.
Definately a keeper. I added a 1/2 tsp Bavarian seasoning (by Penzeys with crushed brown mustard, rosemary, garlic, thyme, bay leaves & sage) to heighten the flavor. We loved it.
I get requests for this recipe all the time. Even a friend of mine who swears she hates cauliflower goes back for seconds. I use fresh mushrooms and saute it in a little olive oil and butter instead of canned for better flavor. I add salt and pepper as it is not even listed in the ingredients. The salt content comes from the ham mostly so I'm surprised to read the reviews of others. My mom is on a salt restricted diet and even she gobbles this casserole up. This is a favorite of my house and I will continue making it for years to come!
Nice and creamy. Bread crumb topping gave it a nice crunch.
More Recipe Collections
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >