- 4 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place cauliflower in a large saucepan; cover with 1 in. water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese and sour cream until melted.
- Drain cauliflower. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, ham and mushrooms. Add cheese sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cauliflower Ham Casserole
Sort By :
"My family and I loved it! Will surely make it again. Being A cheese lover, I added a little Velveeta and used French fried onion rings on top in place of bread crumbs."
"This was really good! Mine was a bit watery also as mentioned before but still yummy."
"This is a good recipe if you're trying to cut back on your carbs since most ham casserole recipes contain potatoes. I sauteed finely chopped onions and red pepper in the butter for extra flavor and left out the canned mushrooms. This does NOT reheat well since the leftovers become watery."
"Excellent recipe! The only change I made was to leave out the mushrooms. I noticed it was somewhat watery, but since no one else mentioned this problem, I must have either not drained the cauliflower enough or didn't let it rest before eating. I served this with a Greek salad and asiago cheese dinner rolls."
"This would be a lovely dish to serve for Easter. Have made it a couple times, and will continue, but seemingly forgot about it."